Why Some of the Loews Discount Packages On Sale Today are a Steal
Please note that I receive compensation for many links on this blog. American Express and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy to learn more.
Today is the last day of Week 2 of the US Travel Association’s Daily Getaways.
For those not familiar with Daily Getaways, travel deals and packages are offered this year on a first-come first-served each weekday from April 10, 2017 through May 12, 2017. For a look at previous offers or to learn more about the Daily Getaways click here.
Today’s deals are for Loews discounted stays –
Two nights in an Ocean View Suite at Loews Miami Beach for $1,200 (5 packages available)
Two nights in an Ocean View Suite at Loews Santa Monica for $950 (2 packages available)
Two nights at a Luxury Loews Hotel for $275 (16 packages available)
Two nights at a Four Diamond Loews Resort for $325 (20 packages available)
Bridge-to-Bridge Suite at Loews San Francisco for $1,300 (2 packages available)
Two nights in a Suite at the Loews Regency New York for $1,000 (5 packages available)
The packages go on sale at 1pm EST today.
To purchase the deals today, click the individual links above or follow this link to the calendar for the week of April 17, 2017 and select the package you are interested in.
Stays using the packages must be between June 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018.
Here’s a detailed look at the different packages available –
1. Two Nights in an Ocean View Suite at Loews Miami Beach for $1,200 – Last year this package went for $1,000, but the property was undergoing extensive renovations to the tune of $50 million that have just recently been completed. Renovations included the pool deck, refreshed guest rooms, and a completely redone lobby.
This Daily Getaways package title/description is actually incorrect, to the benefit of whoever snags the package. The package title says Ocean View Suite, but the Terms & Conditions actually specify the stay as being in the Ocean Front Suite, which is more expensive.
To be fair, the Ocean Front looks to be just about $30-$60 more per night than the Ocean View but still interesting to note. The Ocean View has just a partial ocean view and is 560 square feet, while the Ocean Front has a full ocean view and is 754 square feet.
Trying the random dates of July 14-16, 2017, the Ocean Front Balcony Suite came to $1069 a night, with a total for two nights including tax at $2496. With the package price at only $1200, this is a steal of a deal.
2. Ocean View Suite at Loews Santa Monica: 2 Nights for $950 – The certificate will be for 2 consecutive nights in a 1-bedroom Ocean View King Suite. The Loews Santa Monica finished their own $30 million renovation about a year ago that added sleeper sofas to King Bed rooms, fire pits to some of the suites, redid bathrooms and room decor, and added a new heated pool complete with underwater music.
Looking at the hotel’s website and selecting again our random dates of July 14-16, 2017, the best available rate for an Ocean View King Suite came to $1,010 a night for a total of $2,366 for two nights, including taxes. Also a great deal.
3. 2 Nights at a Luxury Loews Hotel: $275 – You get to choose between the following 12 resorts to redeem your two consecutive night certificate in a Vibrant standard room. They are –
– Loews Annapolis Hotel, Annapolis, MD
– Loews Atlanta Hotel, Atlanta, GA
– Loews Boston Hotel Hotel, Boston, MA
– Loews Chicago Downtown Hotel, Chicago, IL
– Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel, Rosemont, IL
– Loews Hollywood Hotel, Hollywood, CA
– Loews Madison Hotel, Washington, D.C.
– Loews Minneapolis Hotel, Minneapolis, MN
– Loews New Orleans Hotel, New Orleans, LA
– Loews Philadelphia Hotel, Philadelphia, PA
– Loews Regency New York Hotel, New York, NY
– Loews Santa Monica Hotel, Santa Monica, CA
– Hotel 1000 Seattle, Seattle, WA
– Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, Nashville, TN
– Loews Ventana Canyon, Tucson, AZ
– Loews Hotel Vogue, Montreal, Canada
4. 2 Nights at a Four Diamond Loews Resort: $325 – You get to choose between the following four resorts to redeem your two consecutive night certificate in a Vibrant standard room. They are –
- – Loews Miami Beach Resort,* Miami Beach, FL
- – Loews Royal Pacific Resort* at Universal Orlando®
- – Loews Coronado Bay Resort,* Coronado Bay, CA
Note that any resort fees are not included in the certificate and you’ll be responsible for paying those.
5. Bridge to Bridge Suite at Loews San Francisco for $1,300 – Within 10 business days of purchasing the deal, you’ll get an email with a promotional code to use when booking your 2-night stay in a Bridge to Bridge Suite (which means your incredible view spans the between the Bay Bridge to the Golden Gate Bridge). The certificate includes room rate and tax.
Here’s a photo of the Bridge to Bridge Suite –
Selecting the same random weekend of July 14-16, 2017, the best available rate was $1199 a night, for a total including taxes of $2792.36. That comes to a savings of just over $1492.
This particular package is just $1,300 which is a steal if you were thinking about booking one of these suites for a few days anyhow. Yes, the price per night with the package (around $650) is high to start. Even the lowest category of regular room can go for $700 a night though at this property.
If you want to maximize, look around at different dates that would ordinarily be even more expensive than usual in San Francisco. Graduations, Father’s Day, 4th of July, etc. etc. Just skimming different months, I even found some mid-week dates that came to $5822 for two nights in the Bridge to Bridge suite which is a savings of $4522. That’s huge.
6. Two nights in a Suite at the Loews Regency New York for $1,000 – You’ll get an emailed certificate for a 2 night stay in a Grand Executive Suite at the Loews Regency New York. The certificate includes room rate and tax.
Picking the same random weekend of July 14-16, 2017, the lowest rate for the Grand Executive Suite was $549 a night which brought the 2-night total to $1259.94 including taxes. That’s a couple hundred dollars of savings which is ok, but may not be worth the hassle of trying to redeem the certificate for choice dates.
All of these packages offer savings off of what you could purchase if just going by the best available rate, and some of the packages (especially #1 and #5) offer phenomenal savings. However, the terms and conditions for all the packages say that there are blackout dates, without specifying which dates aren’t available. If you have your heart set on redeeming for a specific weekend or during a holiday you might be disappointed to find that the certificate can’t be redeemed then. If your dates are somewhat flexible though, these have outstanding value.
My favorite package this year would be for the Bridge to Bridge Suite at the Loews San Francisco as the view looks to be pretty spectacular, plus the savings can be stellar. Of course, the package is the most expensive one too. San Francisco can be quite an expensive city to stay in though I cannot say I’d spend the equivalent of $600 a night for a weekend for a regular visit. If celebrating a special occasion though or perhaps on a first visit to San Francisco with family (max 3 people in the room) this would be a dynamite option.
Note: There aren’t a lot of these packages available. If one of them interests you, I’d recommend being right on the page for the package you want a little before 1pm EST and be ready to go right when it opens, with credit card in hand.
Will you try to snag one of these Loews packages today?
Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed or endorsed by any bank, card issuer, or other company including (but not limited to) American Express unless otherwise stated. Comments made in response to posts are not provided or commissioned, and they have not been reviewed or endorsed by any bank. It is not the responsibility of any advertiser to make sure that questions are answered.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on this site without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.