Flash Sale: $400 hotelandresort Gift Card for Hilton Properties for $40
Please note that I receive compensation for many links on this blog. American Express and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy to learn more.
Nomorerack has a great flash deal going on right now, for a $400 hotelandresort gift card voucher for Hilton reservations. The deal ends tomorrow November 11, 2014 at 11:59am CST. For those who are unfamiliar with the hotelandresort gift card, you can usually purchase them with a maximum of $100 value for a cost of $65.
This offer from Nomorerack gives you 4x that amount for a $400 value with a cost of $40. Just like with other hotelandresort gift cards, you don’t get to redeem the gift card all at once at a Hilton, nor can you get an entire reservation paid with the gift card. However, it does offer substantial discounts.
To see how good of a deal this flash sale offer is, I did a search on Hilton’s website for the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort for the random date of December 12, 2014.
The best available rate came to $249, and the AAA rate was $237.
Searching hotelandresortcard’s website (where bookings need to be made) for Fort Lauderdale for the same date, I first saw a list of the participating properties.
Clicking on the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort it gave me all of the available room types which matched exactly what was on the Hilton website. I continued through to booking for the lowest room type.
It then told me the amount of discount applied would be $40 of my gift card bringing the room rate down to just $209 which was much cheaper than the other rates I’d just seen on the Hilton website.
I then checked the dates of December 12 and December 13, 2014 together to see if the amount of giftcard applied would double ($40 per night x 2 nights = $80) and it did.
Choosing theWit Chicago for November 28, 2014 on Hilton’s website, the best availabe rate was $199 with a AAA rate of $189.
Using the hotelandresortcard website, the rate of $199 was discounted $35, bringing the total to $164.
I compared several other properties and found that while some discounts were as low as $5 per night, there were actually some really good rates when using the card…IF you don’t mind the fact that you don’t earn Hilton HHonors points during the stay.
Pros of this deal – Offers good savings on most Hilton stays, voucher never expires, reservation can be cancelled up to 72 hours prior to check-in.
Cons of this deal – Hilton HHonors points earning not allowed, voucher can’t be used all at once, some properties only offer a $5 savings, and a fine print note mentions that the amount of tax is not discounted.
Edit: I’m currently out of the country and wanted to purchase this myself, but Nomorerack does not support purchases made while out of the US. I contacted their customer service team and they said that since my IP address is outside of the US even though I was using a US billing address and credit card they were unable to complete the transaction. Disappointing, and something to note for all those readers for outside of the US.
Here’s a link to the purchase page.
Here’s a link to the giftcard website.
Notes from the fine print:
$40 gets you an e-gift card voucher worth a total of $400 toward certain hotel stays
• Some rooms may not qualify for use of the full voucher amount–details on “allowable discount” available at time of booking
• Must be used at hotelandresortcard.com for Hilton Hotels Worldwide, including Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Doubletree by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inns, and more
• Buy as many as you’d like—no limit on how many e-gift cards you can purchase with this deal
• All or part of the value of the card can be gifted in $5 increments to a third party at no cost to you. The specified amount will be deducted from your card, and then applied to a new card to be emailed to the recipient of your choice.
• Enjoy even more savings! You can add more money to your gift card at a discounted rate, after initial purchase of e-gift card.
• No cash value or cash back
• E-gift card vouchers are not redeemable at a hotel or at any other website—only online at hotelandresortcard.com (see more details below)
• E-gift card voucher never expires
• For all bookings with discounts, taxes remain the same
• Your room is cancelable and the terms of any cancellation will be provided to you prior to booking
• Merchant will abide by gift certificate state laws
• Cannot be used in conjunction with other deals
Editorial Note: The opinions expressed here are mine and not provided, reviewed or endorsed by any bank, card issuer, or other company including (but not limited to) American Express unless otherwise stated. Comments made in response to posts are not provided or commissioned, and they have not been reviewed or endorsed by any bank. It is not the responsibility of any advertiser to make sure that questions are answered.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the material on this site without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.